Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Please no peanuts in Room 31!
Week of 12/18/17 through 1/5/18
- Monday, 12/18 Bishop visit and 10:30 mass
- Thursday, 12/21 PEER Ministry, dress down with Christmas attire
- Thursday, 12/21 Happy Birthday Jesus–Class celebration (party)
- Friday, 12/22 No School, Staff Development
- Christmas Vacation Ends Monday, January 1, 2018
- January 2, 2018 Return to School
- Spelling test will be on Wednesday, December 20th. Word list was sent home in the yellow folder (cook, took, foot, stood, too, tool, boot, soon, blew, chew, threw, grew). Next test will be in the new year. Date still to be determined. Words to come in the yellow folder. (city, circle, nice, space, pencil, excited, age, page, huge, large, giant, gentle)
- Reading: Read 10 to 20 minutes daily
- Book Report: Reading a book in class. December book report will be completed in school.
- Math: Daily page assignments will be written in the agenda. Online resources are available if you would like to view materials (Use the Think Central website to enter your child’s username and password. The math materials are available as Go Math! ) Chapter 5 continued this week: double digit subtraction! Please remember to encourage your child to try the strategy for homework. The idea is that by the end of the chapter they will have found a strategy (or 2) they feel confident in for subtracting.
- Monday- Computers/Library
- Tuesday- Music
- Wednesday- Art (Please send in an old tee shirt as an art smock)
- Thursday- Fitness (Gym clothes and sneakers are to be packed and students will change in the locker room. If your child is comfortable with gym clothes under his/her uniform, it may be easier to change.)
- Friday- Gym (Wear uniform and change in locker room like Fitness!)