March 25, 2019
- Read 20 minutes every night
- Biography Book Report Due 4/1
- Work on WONDER Novel Study pages!
- Sentences 1-12
- Lesson Check due Tuesday
- Lesson 6.
- Lenten Promise
- GUM Book page
- Study for Social Studies quiz on the first 10 states on Friday
- Join us for school liturgy on Wednesdays at 10:30am
- We are reading the novel WONDER, please have an open discussion with your child about what they have read & talked about.
- Our spelling words are going to be challenging the next few weeks. They are vocabulary from our novel, so we are taking our time and learning more than just the spelling of the word. We will keep the same words for a few weeks.
- Please help us with our State Quarter Competition! Our state quarter is Texas, but we will take any quarters or coins to help raise money!
- psyched-being super excited about something
- verbosity-using too many or excessive words
- ruminate– reflect deeply
- audiology-branch of science that deal with hearing
- bionic-having artificial body parts, especially electromechanical ones
- euphoric-feeling elated or super happy
- flubbed-to botch or mess something
- bungalow-a small house with a single story
- obsession-to be fixated on something
- incantation-casting a spell or magical effect
- tic-a an uncontrollable twitch
- fluke-unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck
- monologue-a dramatic speech by a single actor
- spitefully-action with the intention of being mean
- protocol-code of correct conduct
- rappelled-the act or method of moving down a steep incline.
- artifact-Any object made by humans, especially those from an earlier time
- seismic-pertaining or caused by an Earthquake, or vibration of the Earth, due to natural causes.
- detached-no longer connected or joined
- hypocrite-a person who professes beliefs that he or she does not hold
- stringent-demanding strict attention to rules and procedures
- inclusion-children with special needs are included in regular classrooms.
- illuminate-make lighter or brighter
- sympathetic-showing concern or caring for someone