The mission of St. Amelia School is to provide a quality Catholic education that instills in students the spirit of Jesus Christ in a positive, caring environment, which allows students to achieve excellence and become responsible citizens in our community.
The St. Amelia School advantage is reflected in the philosophy that permeates the total education program and lives of the faculty and students. This philosophy challenges students to improve the world by living gospel values and sharing Christ’s message of salvation. They grow to understand the roots of their faith and their responsibilities as Christians.
- Students explore their faith through classes and activities in scripture, sacraments, church, and morality
- Catholic schools stress the value of self-discipline and commitment
- Faculty and staff are role models who share their faith, their talents, and their time
- While not all students who come to the Catholic schools are Catholic, all share experiences of faith and values
- Catholic schools encourage each student to accept the challenges of being a Christian in tomorrows world
Values, which promote understanding and service to the elderly and the handicapped, the poor and the ill, are an important part of the Catholic Schools Experience. As a faith community, we emphasize those values, which encourage students to accept others rather than exclude them, to understand the difference between right and wrong, and to commit themselves to serve God by serving others.