Aligned to the Standards of the Diocese Curriculum
Grades 6-8 prepare the students on their journey towards High School. Students have the chance to take either Spanish or French to expand their knowledge. Students also have opportunities to volunteer in community service projects such as: Friends of The Night People and participate in retreats. In addition to good character, grades 6-8 inspire excellence in the classroom through a variety of academic programs which include daily instruction, all the while assuming personal responsibility.
Religion is taught in all grades every day. It is our goal to strengthen our identity as a Catholic school so the students will become positive contributors to society.
- Daily life skills taught through Religion
- Character Education
Students are encouraged to pursue their passion for both the performing and fine arts.
- Dance and Drama
Beginning in 6th grade students may choose a foreign language to study. Students study a language for three years until 8th grade. Currently we offer the following languages:
New York State Regents classes are available for students to earn high school credit. We currently offer the following AP classes:
- Life Science (Biology)
- Integrated Algebra
Junior High at a Glance
- STREAM Initiative
- Opportunities to volunteer with service projects
- Participation in retreats
- Field trips – 8th Grade Washington, DC
- Various clubs and activities
- Baseball & Softball
- Volleyball and more
- SMART Boards in each classroom
- Differentiated instruction
- iPad carts available for each classroom
- School wide Wi-Fi for streaming and learning