Aligned to the Standards of the Diocese Curriculum
Grades 1-5 prepare the students on their journey for excellence in the elementary years. Teachers continue to use the child’s motivation to help them become well developed students not only in the classroom, but as active members in the community. Building respect for God, self, and others is the foundation of the elementary classroom. In addition to good character, grades 1-5 inspire excellence in the classroom through a variety of academic programs which include daily instruction, all the while assuming personal responsibility.
Religion is taught in all grades every day. It is our goal to strengthen our identity as a Catholic school so the students will become positive contributors to society.
- Second Grade – Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Third Grade – Sacrament of First Communion
STREAM Education allows academic concepts to be coupled with increased real life application in all the disciplines.
- Focus on inquiry, creativity, complex thinking and fun
- Provides a runway for our next generation of believers, innovators, scientists and leaders
Encore classes meet on a weekly basis.
- Physical Education
- Computers & Library
- First Grade – Magic Penny – phonics based program
- Fourth Grade – Instrument lesson program
- Fifth Grade – Latin classes
- Dance classes for all grades
- Reading and Math remediation classes
Elementary School at a Glance
- Hands on science labs
- Liturgy choir
- Parent participation
- Field trips – minimum two per year
- Basketball – Grade 4
- Baseball & Softball – Grade 4
- Swimming and Soccer – Grade 1
After School Care
- Students are eligible for the after school care program
- SMART Boards in each classroom
- Differentiated instruction
- Chromebooks available for each classroom
- School wide Wi-Fi for streaming and learning