Our parish was founded in 1953 by Bishop Joseph A. Burke, and named in honor of his mother’s patron Saint, Amelia. The first mass was celebrated on September 13, 1953, in a field owned by the Brighton Fire Company on Jamaica Road, by the founding pastor, Msgr. John L. McHugh.
Two years later, in September of 1955, the school opened its doors for some 1,600 pupils, under the supervision of the Felician Sisters. The Sisters continued to operate the school until September of 1995, when the leadership was passed on to the school’s first lay principal, James Mule’.
Children will trick or treat throughout the secured parking lot. There will be trunks with candy and non edible treats. Children should come dressed in costumes with a treat bag. This is a free event. We will also be collecting canned food donations for the parish pantry. In addition, there will be food trucks, popcorn […]
the 2017—18 academic year.